as of June 2, 2019
Front Steps and the ARCH have made significant changes to our donation policy, in order to better serve our clients and to maximize our resources. This list is subject to change as we progress forward – it will be updated at least every two weeks or you can contact Natalie Freeburg (512) 305-4153 or email@example.com
Financial donations are always welcome, and are used for items for clients like legal documents, job-specific clothing and other client-specific items. Send checks or money orders, made out to Front Steps, to Natalie Freeburg, Front Steps, PO Box 684519, Austin TX 78768
In-Kind donations are welcome, but please only donate the items below or if you have other items to donate, please contact us to see if we have a need for it. If ordering from Amazon, please use Amazon Smile and ship to Natalie Freeburg, ARCH, 500 E 7th St, Austin TX 78701. We always need:
- New socks for men
- New underwear for men, Medium through Large
- Disposable razors
- Toothbrushes with covers
- Disposable incontinence underwear for men (like Depends), Medium through XL. Can be tabbed or pull-up.
- We already have enough supplies to meet the needs of the women that we serve.
- Please redirect other donations to local thrift stores who support nonprofit programming. By taking your intended donation to a store instead of leaving it on the sidewalk or handing it out to individuals on the sidewalk, you are making the right choice.
- DO NOT pass out clothing or items to people outside the ARCH and DO NOT leave items, including food, on the sidewalk. Contributions to individuals outside our doors do not serve clients seeking solutions, and abandoned donations become litter that generates negative attention from the community. Food can pose a dangerous health threat to clients whose digestive systems are fragile or eat the food past health safety time frames.
Thank you for remembering our clients when making charitable decisions.