Keep Austin Housed
We believe in…
bringing together persons of all ages and backgrounds to address the issues of homelessness and contribute to a community that is healthy, educated, safe, and self-sustaining.
We believe AmeriCorps Works for Texas!
AmeriCorps is an effective private-public partnership. Grants from The Corporation for National and Community Service, are used by schools, non-profits, faith-based groups, and others to strengthen communities across the nation.
Keep Austin Housed places 35 full-time Americorps members at ten different non-profits in Austin, Texas, where they work directly with individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. Keep Austin Housed members help more than 250 individuals obtain safe, stable, and affordable housing each year. We work for Austin, and we want you to be a part of it!
We believe YOU can build community while building your career.
- Enhance service delivery of local agencies
- Learn valuable professional skills
- Empower clients who are experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness
- Make connections with employers and universities
- Educate the community-at-large on issues related to homelessness
- Make lifelong friendships and connections
- KAH has served the Austin Community since 2003
- KAH is the ONLY AmeriCorps program in Texas focused solely on homelessness
- KAH is a program of Front Steps
- We have 35 full-time members who all serve 11-month service terms (09/03/2019 – 07/31/2020)
- We work with 11 non-profits in Austin.
- Want to join us? Please complete our application through americorps.gov
- Full descriptions of our 11 partners are available here.
- You can find our most recent Newsletter here.
Call: (512) 694-4546