Who We Are
One thing is certain, no one ever hopes to be homeless.
As children, no one ever says, "when I grow up, I want to be homeless." However, homelessness is a reality in our community. Every day Front Steps serves homeless men and women, many of whom have lost hope. We strive to restore their hope and guide them home. We sincerely believe that homelessness is a journey, not a destination. Front Steps’ dedicated staff, board of directors, and volunteers ask you to join us on our Journey to Hope.
Based on the belief that all people deserve the dignity of a safe place to call home, Front Steps’ mission is to provide a pathway home through shelter, affordable housing, and community education.
- Providing excellent case management, support, and shelter services.
- Transitioning people experiencing chronic homelessness to a variety of sustainable housing options.
- Educating the community about the needs of men and women experiencing homelessness and innovative approaches to meeting those needs.
To provide real answers and real solutions to the needs of people experiencing homelessness
- Front Steps provides a continuum of services for ending homelessness.
- Front Steps meets the needs of homeless individuals by leveraging broad, diversified streams of funding and community support.
- Front Steps exercises a leadership role with providers, policy makers, and the community for real answers to issues facing homeless people.