We believe in…
bringing together persons of all ages and backgrounds to address the issues of homelessness and contribute to a community that is healthy, educated, safe, and self-sustaining.
We believe AmeriCorps Works for Texas!
AmeriCorps is an effective private-public partnership. Grants from The Corporation for National and Community Service, are used by schools, non-profits, faith based groups, and others to strengthen communities across the nation.
In Texas 2,282 AmeriCorps members served over 2.7 million hours in 2014. This group earned up to $8.9 million in Segal Education Awards, used to pay qualified school loans and/or towards further education. For more information on AmeriCorps in Texas check out our state commission, OneStar.
We believe YOU can build community while building your career.
- Enhance service delivery of local agencies
- Learn valuable professional skills
- Empower clients who are experiencing or at-risk of experiencing homelessness
- Make connections with employers and universities
- Educate the community-at-large on issues related to homelessness
- Make lifelong friendships and connections
- KAH Is a State National Program (Since 2006!)
- KAH is the ONLY program in Texas focused solely only on homelessness
- KAH is a program of Front Steps
- We have 31 Full Time members who all serve 11 month service terms (08/31/15-07/31/16)
- We work with 10 non-profits in Austin
- Since 2011, KAH members have served 156,761.5 hours and housed 927Austinites!
Call: (512) 305-4144