We are overwhelmed and overjoyed with the generosity of the Austin community throughout the holidays and the rest of the year! However, we do have specific guidelines for what are able to accept. Please click here to view our Donation Guide. Please remember, the best way to help someone exit homelessness and find their way home is through a financial contribution.
& ARCH Case Management Clients
- Ear Plugs
- Bus passes
- Gift Cards for HEB/Target/Wal-Mar, etc.
- New Men's and Women's Underwear and Socks
- Hair cut vouchers/gift cards
- Combs and brushes
- Toiletries and Hygeine Products
- New or gently used guitars and bicycles
- Gently used yoga mats
- Men's Clothing Closet - especially jeans and khakis*(*Clothing donations are only accepted at Central Presbyterian Church [8th and Brazos] on Monday Mornings between 9-11am starting Jan 10th, 2011)
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Medi-Sets (pill organizer/container)
- Bedside tables
- New twin sized beds
- New twin sized pillows and sheets
- Small dressers
- Small kitchen tables w/ chairs
- Small end tables/night stands
- Coffee pots
- Pots and Pans
- Broom and dust pan
- Mops and cleaning supplies
- Universal remote
- HEB gift cards
- Movie gift cards
- Bowling tickets
- Putt Putt tickets
- UT sporting event tickets
- Walmart gift cards
- Coffee and snacks for support groups
- Toilet paper
- Quarters for laundry
- New men's/women's socks and underwear
- *Bus passes*
All donations for ARCH clients should be dropped off at the ARCH Front Desk (500 East 7th Street) to one of our staff members. An in-kind donation receipt will be provided if requested. If you need assistance with bringing your donated items into the ARCH, please call 512-305-4100, and a staff member will be happy to assist you.
* These items are for ARCH clients as well as various programs and classes. Please drop off to front desk c/o Jennifer Denton.
If you are interested in donating items for Recuperative Care or ARCH Case Management clients, please contact Jennifer at
or at 305-4153.
Thank you in advance for collecting donations for Front Steps! We appreciate your help as we strive to restore hope to Austin’s homeless men and women.